Centre of Excellence for
BONE & JOINT CARE
From simple to complex orthopaedic treatments therapeutic services, Meitra’s Centre for Bone and Centre has been creating a legacy for the past years. Our hands are always strong yet humble to save you from falling and walk you through happiness. As part of extending outside the spectrum, Meitra Centre for Bone and Joint is working hand in hand with the Centre for Neuroscience. Lead by a team of experienced specialists and healthcare professionals, this centre is home for modern and state of the art technologies. From basic treatments to surgeries to therapy, the Centre is a place of hope and rejuvenation.
Our center of excellence is a state of art facility which has an exceptional team of doctors. 24 hour emergency of trauma department. Comprehensive imaging modalities, Navigation integrated operation suites, dedicated physical rehabilitation units.
With in a short span of 3 years, we have well earned the reputation of being the best referral centre for complex trauma cases in North Kerala
- Acute long and short bone fractures -
- Work in hand with Plastic and Vascular surgery departments for managing complex open fractures.
- Complex peri articular fractures
- Pelvic and acetabular fractures
- Periprosthetic fractures
- Geriatric orthopaedic care of facility fractures
- Paediatric fractures
- Bony non union and mal union
- Acute and chronic infection of bone and joints
- Limb reconstruction surgeries
Joint replacements have become very common, and provide an effective solution for painful joints that cannot be managed with conservative treatment. The Department of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement at the MEITRA Hospital has a range of ingenious treatments, which cater to the needs of the patients, and aims at providing the best services and treatments in the field of Primary and revision Joint replacement. All contemporary surgical methods in total joint replacement with the most advanced techniques like Robotics, computer navigation and Intra-op O-Arm2 will be offered on an outpatient/ short stay basis using accelerated rehabilitation and pain management protocols. The unit has tremendous experience and expertise in the field of revision joint replacement surgery to help patients regain mobility after a failed joint replacement.
Key differentiating features:
Robotic Knee and Hip replacement “Smith and Nephew CORI Intelligent Joint replacement Robot”
Accelerated rehabilitation and Pain management protocols
Ortho-view Digital templating software
Day Care Uni-condylar (Partial) Knee Replacement.
Minimally invasive muscle sparing Total knee replacement and Hip replacement
Comprehensive Revision Arthroplasty for Failed knee ,hip and shoulder Replacement
Our Data since 2018:
Number of joint replacement done since 2018: 1672
Our Avg.Length of stay: 3.6 days
30 day readmission rate: 0.5%
Infection rate in primary Joint replacement:0.2 %
Functional outcome: pre-op:32.2, 6 month post op:92
SAFE SPINE SURGERY
- SPINAL TRAINED SURGICAL TEAM
- ADVANCED OT/ ANAESTHESIA EQUIPMENTS/ CRITICAL CARE/ ICU
- INTRA OPERATIVE O-ARM - COMPUTER ASSISTED SCREW FIXATION
- DEPUY MINIMALLY INVASIVE INSTRUMENTATION
- INTRA OPERATIVE NEURAL MONITORING (FOR SPINAL CORD MONITORING) MEP, SSEP
- ALL BACK UP INSTRUMENTS/ IMPLANTS IN HOUSE IN CASE OF EMERGENCY .
Spinal monitoring during surgery
- IV line/ Catheter
- Central line
- Arterial line
- Temperature measurements
- MAC value
- Neural monitoring
- Body warmer
- DVT Calf pump
- Gel pillows/ Wilson frame/ OT tables/ frames
- Two C-Arm
- Integrated OT
3 staff nurse
1 Technician OT
1 Anaesthesia Technician
1 Implant technician
Pathologies / Disease conditions
- Degenerative/ Age related
- Disc related problems
- Cauda equina syndrome- Bowel/bladder involved
- Fracture of spine
- Neurological injuries due to spine injuries
- Congenital / developmental problems
- Infections of spine- Bacterial/ TB/ Fungus
- Tumors of spine – Benign/ Malignant
- Spinal deformities
- Metabolic bone diseases
- Lumbar/ Cervical / Thoracic canal stenosis
- Compressive myelopathy
Minimally invasive spine surgery and Endoscopic spine surgery
- Minimally invasive lumbar discectomy
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression + fusion
- Minimally invasive biopsy
- Minimally invasive fracture stabilization +/- decompression
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty / Cement augmentation
- Endoscopic discectomy - translaminar and transforaminal
- Early onset scoliosis
- Late onset/ Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Post traumatic
- Post infections
- Scheuremann’s kyphosis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Dysplastic/ Tumors/ Iatrogeneic
- Posterior instrumented Deformity Correction – Cervical , Thoracic and Thoraco lumbar
- Anterior instrumented deformity correction – Cervical, Thoracic, Thoraco lumbar, Lumbar
- Combined anterior , posterior procedures
- Hemivertebra excision
- Growth rods – Traditional/ Magnetically controlled growth rods
- Schilla Procedure
Department of Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy provides dedicated and specialized medical care and rehabilitation treatment for a wide range of injuries and conditions related to sports and intense physical activities. Whether you are a professional athlete or recreational athlete, an injury is frustrating, painful and debilitating.
Our team of doctors provide rapid assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for patients experiencing sports injuries or other musculoskeletal problems affecting their physical activity. We focus on giving the most effective treatment available so you can get back to your active life, feeling strong and performing at your peak.
We work as a team including Sports medicine specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Physiotherapists, athletic trainers to promote preventive care through wellness, fitness and performance enhancement .
Our doctors are specialized in minimally invasive surgery, key hole surgery of knee ,shoulder, wrist, hip, ankle for various conditions using state of art facilities. We strongly believe in harnessing advanced techniques and technology to improve patient care and Our specialists have been quick to introduce and adopt new technologies in orthopaedics.
Meitra Hospital is India’s first Smith & Nephew certified Arthroscopic Centre for excellence.
Arthroscopy theatre with state-of-the-art instrumentations
Smith and Nephew LENS Surgical imaging system
State of art Physiotherapy and Sports rehabilitation with Computer Guided Virtual reality assessment unit.
Knee Ligament injuries – Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction, PCL reconstruction Multi ligament injuries
Shoulder – Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff repair, Bankarts repair, Surgery for shoulder dislocation, SLAP repair
Wrist arthroscopy, TFCC repair
Ankle ligament injuries and treatment
Autologous chondrocyte implantation of individual’s own cultured cells (mainly for damaged cartilage)
Revision surgery (for failed ligament surgeries)
The latest nonsurgical treatments including platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP) and stem cell therapy
Hand being the organ of body which is in constant interaction with external environment makes it the commonest member of body to get involved in industrial accidents and other traumatic events. As an organ which has many vital structures like artery, nerves, veins, muscles and bones it needs a specialist who is adept in managing injuries and other maladies of these structures in a comprehensive manner. Hand surgery is a field which takes care of upper limbs exclusively to bring it back to normal function and form in case of any deviation from normal.
Our department is equipped to manage all types of injuries to upper limb on an emergency basis. Our operation theatre is well equipped with a microscope, C- arm machine, wrist arthroscope, microvascular instruments and round the clock anaesthetists, operation theater staff and other support personnel’s.
Hand surgery department treats a myriad of cases other than trauma which includes
- Peripheral nerve problems like carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, brachial plexus injuries ,
- Wrist problems like ligamentous injuries, Carpal bone fractures , non unions
- Congenital problems of hands
- Vascular problems in the hand
- Reanimation of paralysed hand
- Replantation / Revascularization of the severed extrimity / Fingers
We have a well equipped physiotherapy center with dedicated hand therapist for rehabilitation of upper limb.
Orthopaedic Tumor surgeries
24 x 7 comprehensive trauma care
Deformity correction surgeries
Most advanced and innovative physiotherapy clinic
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.