Centre of Excellence for
BONE, JOINT & SPINE
The Center of Excellence Bone ,Joint and Spine provides comprehensive treatment for all Orthopaedic problems. Specially trained doctors in all subspecialities of Orthopaedics work as a team so that best possible quality care is provided . The operating theatres are equipped with all modern facilities so that safety and quality are maintained. Advanced Physiotherpy department is available and this helps in smooth and fast rehabilitation of the patients.
The Center is comprising of three verticals:
1. Division of Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy
2. Division of Spine surgery
3. Division of Hand Trauma and Reconstructive surgery.
The center has been recognised by National Medical Board for post graduate super speciality training programs in Arthroplasty and Spine surgery. ( FNB program).
Hand being the organ of body which is in constant interaction with external environment makes it the commonest member of body to get involved in industrial accidents and other traumatic events. As an organ which has many vital structures like artery, nerves, veins, muscles and bones it needs a specialist who is adept in managing injuries and other maladies of these structures in a comprehensive manner. Hand surgery is a field which takes care of upper limbs exclusively to bring it back to normal function and form in case of any deviation from normal.
Our department is equipped to manage all types of injuries to upper limb on an emergency basis. Our operation theatre is well equipped with a microscope, C- arm machine, wrist arthroscope, microvascular instruments and round the clock anaesthetists, operation theater staff and other support personnel’s.
Hand surgery department treats a myriad of cases other than trauma which includes
- Peripheral nerve problems like carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, brachial plexus injuries ,
- Wrist problems like ligamentous injuries, Carpal bone fractures , non unions
- Congenital problems of hands
- Vascular problems in the hand
- Reanimation of paralysed hand
- Replantation / Revascularization of the severed extrimity / Fingers
We have a well equipped physiotherapy center with dedicated hand therapist for rehabilitation of upper limb.
Our center of excellence is a state of art facility which has an exceptional team of doctors. 24 hour emergency of trauma department. Comprehensive imaging modalities, Navigation integrated operation suites, dedicated physical rehabilitation units.
Within a short span of 3 years, we have well earned the reputation of being the best referral centre for complex trauma cases in North Kerala
- Acute long and short bone fractures –
- Work in hand with Plastic and Vascular surgery departments for managing complex open fractures.
- Complex peri articular fractures
- Pelvic and acetabular fractures
- Periprosthetic fractures
- Geriatric orthopaedic care of facility fractures
- Paediatric fractures
- Bony non union and mal union
- Acute and chronic infection of bone and joints
- Limb reconstruction surgeries
- Spinal fractures
Scope of service:
- Complex Orthopaedic trauma
- Hand, upper extremity microvascular and reconstructive surgery
- Lower extremity microvascular and reconstructive surgery
- Vascular injuries
- Toe transfer
- Wrist pain
- Brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injuries
- Congenital hand
- Neuromuscular disorder-Cerebral palsy reconstructive surgery for upper and lower limbs
- Nerve compression
- Hand and upper extremity tumours
- Microvascular Soft Tissue Flap cover for upper and lower limbs
- Replantation / Revascularization surgeries
- Sports injuries in Hand and Wrist
- Foot and Ankle surgeries
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.