Centre of Excellence for
The Department of Haematology aims at fighting complex diseases for patients with acute and chronic blood diseases. The department is backed by experienced physicians trained from leading institutes of nursing staff focused on the care of patients in BMT and Haemato- Oncology, sophisticated intensive care units and allied medical/surgical departments for holistic
Inpatient, day care and outpatient-based treatment for Myeloma, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) and Myeloproliferative Neoplasms like CML.
• Benign Hematology
Evaluation and management of low hemoglobin, low platelet counts, abnormal WBC count, sickle cell anemia, Thalassemia, ITP, auto-immune hemolytic anemia, bleeding and coagulation disorders, deep venous thrombosis, genetic blood disorders, bone marrow failure syndromes like Aplastic anemia.
Bone Marrow Transplant at Meitra Hospital is a state-of-the-art unit boasting of one of the most advanced infrastructure in the country with the following facilities:
• Infection control policies as per NABH and JCI norms.
• Positive pressure and High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter (HEPA-filtered) rooms designed scientifically for prevention of infections.
• Backed by a well-equipped blood centre, lab services, radiology department, sophisticated intensive care unit with all advanced lifesaving equipment including Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
• Supported by allied specialties like cardiology, neurology, gastroenterology, nephrology, pulmonary medicine, neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery and other departments helping in the holistic management of complex and high-risk diseases.
Types of Bone Marrow Transplant
- Autologous – Myeloma BMT Program, Lymphoma BMT Program
- Allogenic – Haplo Transplant, Matched Unrelated Donor Transplant (MUD), Matched Sibling Donor Transplant (MSD). Allogenic BMT program for acute leukemias and MDS, Bone marrow failure / Aplastic anemia BMT Program
The Medical Oncology division provides state of the art treatment services for all solid organ cancers including breast cancer, lung cancer, renal cell cancer, bladder cancer and other cancers.
The department has facilities and expertise to provide patients with latest modalities of systemic cancer treatment including immunotherapy, targeted therapy and personalized medicine for cancer based on evidence-based protocols.
Specialty Tumour clinics are organized for providing an integrated multidisciplinary cancer care including nutrition, psychology support, rehabilitation, and pain management.
Immunotherapy is a new modality of cancer treatment. It works against cancer by reprogramming our own immune cells so that they can identify and mount an attack on cancer cells. Immunotherapy has been shown to be effective even in advanced stage cancers. Immunotherapy can even induce long term remissions in these patients. The adverse events are usually milder than that seen with conventional chemotherapy.
The department provides immunotherapy treatment options to patients found eligible to benefit from it for a wide variety of cancers
The Surgical Oncology department is a dedicated team of highly skilled surgeons with extensive experience in performing the full range of cancer surgeries and reconstructive procedures with high precision and efficiency. Some of the key malignancies and types of cancers treated at the department include:
– Head and neck cancer
– Breast cancer
– Gastro-intestinal cancer
– Hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancer
– Genitourinary cancer
– Thoracic cancer
– Gynae oncology
– Limb preservation surgeries for sarcomas
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.