Centre of Excellence for
Meitra’s Centre for Neurosciences provides comprehensive services for the diagnosis, treatment and care of all conditions that affect the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nervous system and muscles. The neurology team has a perfect blend of experience, expertise and believes in providing the ultimate patient experience with ethically guided best medical practices.
Ably assisted by an experienced neurosurgery team, latest Neuro-Radiology services, Neuro-Intensive Care facilities and full-fledged neuro rehabilitation facilities. Our Neurologists achieve outcomes in neurological disease & treatments matching those of the leading institutions across the globe. The Centre provides care for the entire spectrum of neurological diseases including stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders, dementias and other cognitive conditions, neuro immunological disorders, headache, neuromuscular diseases and sleep disorders.
As one of South India’s leading quaternary care healthcare institution, Meitra Hospital has the most well-equipped, technologically advanced and comprehensive Brain and Spine Surgery Department. It has exceptional competencies to deal with complex neurological conditions such as brain and spine tumors, aneurysms, Neuro-vascular surgery, pituitary surgeries, awake craniotomy, head and spine injuries, degenerative spine and disc diseases as well as attending to trauma cases such as head injuries and multi-organ injuries round the clock.
The Neurosurgeons at the Brain and Spine Surgery Department at Meitra Hospital are adept and are trained both in India and abroad from prestigious institutions, and have the experience and caliber to take multi-disciplinary approach using advanced and innovative technologies to perform challenging and highly technical surgeries for brain and spine.
The team of doctors is ably supported by high-quality infrastructure and support staff including nurses, paramedics, lab technicians to ensure that patients are taken care of and given personalized care,right from evaluation and diagnosis through follow up.
At Meitra Hospital’s Department of Brain & Spine Surgery, the clinical teams are equipped to manage and conduct all types of simple and complex neuro surgeries including:
- Minimally Invasive/Keyhole Cranial Surgery/Neuro Endoscopy
- Cranial Micro-neurosurgery for Vascular (Aneurysm/AVM)Diseases
- Endoscopic Skull-base and Extended endoscopic Skull-base procedures
- Skull base Surgery
- Awake Craniotomy
- Head and Spine Trauma Surgery
- Minimally Invasive &Open Surgical Procedure for Degenerative Spine & Disc Diseases
- Neurocritical Care
- Micro Vascular Decompression forTrigeminal Neuralgia &Hemifacial Spasm (MVD)
- Functional Neurosurgery including epilepsy surgery and DBS
The Department of Brain and Spine surgery is equipped with:
- Stealth 8 Navigation
- O2- Arm Intra-operation imaging
- Opmi Pentero 900 Microscope
- NATUS- Electrophysiological Monitoring
- XOMED -Nerve Monitoring System
- Storz Endoscopic System for Pituitary &Skull based tumors
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (keyhole)for Spine Diseases and Disc problems
- Skull based endoscopic equipment
- Facility to perform Epilepsy surgery/ DBS/ Awake Surgery
The Unit also offers the following Neurosurgical support services including:
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Neurocritical Care
- Neuro Endocrinology
- OP Services from 11am to 5 pm on all weekdays
- Emergency Neurosurgery services available 24X7
- Clinic for Brain Tumor Neuro Oncology every Wednesday and Thursday
- Neuro-spine Clinic for Traumatic, degenerative Spine & Disc Diseases on all week days
- MVD Clinic for Trigeminal Neuralgia every Monday and Wednesday
- Paediatric Neurosurgery on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Clinic for Head Injury & Rehabilitation every Friday
- Neuro Endocrinology Clinic everyThursday.
Helpline Number & Whatsapp @ 9207702062
The Department of Neuro Intervention at Meitra Hospital under Centre for Neurosciences follows an evidence and protocol-based practice of clinical care integrating Neurological, Neurosurgical and Neurointerventional treatment options. This helps us maintain a holistic and transparent treatment system for our patients. We, at Meitra Hospital, take pride in having the best and most experienced clinicians in the country who handle complex Neuro-vascular procedures, despite its complexities. Our dedicated and dynamic Senior Interventionists forming the Neurointensive and Neuro Rehabilitation team provide continuous service round the clock, thus achieving its aim of giving the best care to the patients.
The department has south India’s first Robotic hybrid 3D Cath lab, that is considered to be a benchmark in endovascular interventions, and includes the world’s best and latest hardware and software interventional accessories, fully stocked cath shelf with ‘ready-to-use’ materials for basic and advanced neuro procedures.
Facilities and Services:
- 24/7 Acute Stroke Management integrated with Rapid AI and dedicated Emergency Pathway
- Flow Diversion and Coiling of Brain Aneurysms
- AVM / Dural AVF & CCF embolisation
- Intracranial Angioplasty and Stenting including CTO
- Spinal Vascular Interventions
- Robotic Hybrid 3D Cath Lab – Artis Zeego
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.