Aneurysm is a term used for an enlarged or bulged and weakened artery. The condition can be fatal or deadly if the aneurysm ruptures, causing internal bleeding and sometimes stroke. Aneurysm can develop in any part of your body where the arteries are present but most common in the brain, aorta, legs and spleen.
High blood pressure and atherosclerosis are known causes for aneurysm. Research is still ongoing. Some might have a congenital arterial defect, very rarely.
Aneurysms usually do not exhibit any symptoms making it dangerous. People may experience certain difficulties such as
- Increased heart rate
Mostly, aneurysms are identified in the procedure for diagnosing any other conditions. Diagnosis is made on the basis of:
- Signs and symptoms,if any
- Physical examination
- Evaluating medical and family history
- Imaging procedures such as CT, MRI and ultrasound.
Further detailed diagnosing depends on the size and location of the aneurysm.
- Regular exercise
- Healthy and balanced diet
- Maintaining healthy weight
- Maintain good levels of blood sugar, cholesterol and pressure levels
- Regular medical check ups
- Avoid unhealthy practices such as smoking.
Treatment focuses on preventing rupture of aneurysm.
- Regular medical monitoring is necessary to monitor the condition of aneurysm, health condition and factors like changes in blood pressure
- Surgery is the usual option when the aneurysm is large and if at rapid growth. Surgical procedure depends on the size and location of the aneurysm, person’s age and other health conditions.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.