Facilities and services:
• Laparoscopic surgeries
• Laparoscopic myomectomy
• Laparoscopic surgeries to treat Infertility
• Hysterectomy Surgery
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer that occurs in the cells of the cervix – the lower part of the uterus that connects to the vagina. Early stages of cervical cancer may not exhibit any symptoms.
Causes of cervical cancer include:
- Gene mutations
- Human papillomavirus
- Birth control pills
- Unhealthy lifestyle choices
- Weakened immune system
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Painful intercourse
- Changes in vaginal discharge and odour
Diagnosis of cervical cancer involves:
- Screening test such as Pap test and HPV DNA test
- Colposcopic examination
- Imaging tests such as CT, MRI, PET
- Visual examination of your bladder and rectum
Preventive measures for cervical cancers include:
- Regular screening with a Pap test or HPV Test
- Avoid smoking
- Practise safe sex
- Get HPV vaccination.
Treatment for cervical cancer includes:
- Surgery is considered based on various factors such as type, size and stage of cancer, pregnancy plans and overall health conditions. Surgical procedures include:
- Cone biopsy: small cervical cancers are removed by cutting away a cone shaped piece of cervical tissue and leaving the rest of the cervix intact.
- Trachelectomy: surgical removal of the cervix and the surrounding tissues.
- Hysterectomy: removal of the uterus, cervix, part of the vagina and nearby lymph nodes.
- Radiation therapy: it uses high energy beams to destroy cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy: it uses drugs to destroy cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy: type of cancer treatment which helps your immune system to fight the cancer.
- Targeted therapy: type of cancer treatment which uses drugs that target only the cancer cells without affecting normal cells and focuses on specific weaknesses present within cancer cells.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.