Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Coronary Artery Disease is the most common type of heart disease. Coronary arteries are the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart muscles. CAD occurs when these arteries become narrowed and hardened due to deposition of plaque (fat and cholesterol). The process of plaque deposition is termed as atherosclerosis. The plaque deposited can get hardened overtime and block the supply of blood to the heart muscles. Coronary artery disease can lead to other diseases including arrhythmia, heart failure and even death.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Diabetes or insulin resistance
- Not being active (sedentary lifestyle)
- Angina (Chest Pain)
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea (feeling sick along with a tendency to vomit)
- Heart attack
Coronary artery disease can be identified with the patient’s medical history, physical examination, routine blood tests along with one or more of the below mentioned diagnostic tests:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Exercise stress test
- Nuclear stress test
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac CT scan
- Healthy diet
- Avoid fatty foods
- Regular exercise
- Lead an active life
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcohol intake
- Constant monitoring of blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes
Treatment for Coronary Artery Disease includes lifestyle changes, drugs/medicines and medical procedures.
- Lifestyle changes include living a healthy life by following a healthy diet, regular exercise and avoiding unhealthy habits such as smoking.
- Drugs as prescribed by the physician.
- Medical procedures include angioplasty and coronary artery bypass surgery.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.