The Centre comprises of three main departments: Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology and Interventional Gastro Radiology. These departments are led by a team of highly skilled and trained gastroenterologists, surgeons, endoscopists and experts in interventional radiology. Backed by advanced cutting-edge technology these experts treat digestive diseases ranging from minor illnesses to the most complicated ones. The entire spectrum of interventions from minor procedures to the most advanced interventions and surgeries are performed with utmost precision.
Hepatitis refers to inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis can be acute (short term infection) or chronic (long term infection). There are different types of hepatitis:
- Viral hepatitis – caused by viruses
- Alcoholic hepatitis – caused by alcohol intake
- Toxic hepatitis – caused by exposure to chemicals
- Autoimmune hepatitis – caused when the body’s immune system attacks the liver
Different types of hepatitis have different causes including:
- Viral infection
- Alcohol intake
- Exposure to chemicals
- Autoimmune disorder
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors
Symptoms of hepatitis include:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Jaundice: yellow skin and eyes
- Pale stool
- Joint pain
Some people affected with hepatitis may not exhibit any symptoms.
Diagnosis of hepatitis is based on:
- Signs and symptoms
- Family history
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- Liver function tests
- Imaging procedures including:
- Computerised tomography – CT scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging -MRI
- Liver biopsy
Some of the preventive measures for hepatitis includes:
- Routine vaccination
- Regular handwashing
- Avoid contact with infected person
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Drink boiled water
There are no specific treatments for hepatitis. The liver may heal with time. Treatment focuses on relieving the signs and symptoms.
- Stop or avoid alcohol as it causes further damage.
- Taking enough rest can relieve tiredness and sickness.
- Drink plenty of fluids to treat dehydration.
- Severe cases can be treated with antiviral drugs.
- Liver transplantation may be necessary if the liver is severely damaged.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.