Hyperopia is a vision condition in which you can see distant objects clearer than nearer ones. The severity of hyperopia can vary. People with severe hyperopia or farsightedness may see only objects at a great distance clearly.
Hyperopia occurs when the eyeball is shorter than normal or when the cornea is curved too little.
- Objects nearby appear blurred
- Eye strain and resultant headache
- Squinting of eyes frequently to see properly
- Burning sensation and pain in or around eyes
- Discomfort while performing tasks such as reading or writing
Diagnosis of hyperopia involves a basic eye examination.
- Eye exam
- Refraction assessment
- Eye health exam
There are no exact ways to prevent the condition. Some of the measures to control and reduce the progression of hyperopia include:
- Regular eye examinations
- Yearly checkups
- Reduce screen time
- Reduce eye strain
- Use good lighting
There is no best method for the treatment of hyperopia. The major treatment goal is to attain a clearer vision by focusing light rays on the retina. Treatment methods include:
- Corrective lenses or prescription lenses to improve vision. They can be eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Refractive surgery: a surgical procedure used to reshape the cornea using laser beams. There are different types of refractive surgery.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.