Impacted Wisdom Tooth
A wisdom tooth that gets stuck under your gums without erupting or developing normally is termed as impacted wisdom tooth. Wisdom teeth are the third molars in the very back of your mouth. Wisdom teeth are the last adult teeth to erupt.These usually erupt and develop during the late teens or early adulthood.
Wisdom teeth become impacted when they do not have enough room to develop normally. It can also grow in at the wrong angle due to insufficient space.
Symptoms of impacted wisdom tooth include:
- Pain or swelling around the jaws
- Swollen or bleeding gums
- Unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Difficulty opening your mouth
Diagnosis of impacted wisdom tooth includes:
- Reviewed signs and symptoms
- Dental exam
- Dental X-rays
Impaction cannot be prevented from occurring. Regular and periodic dental checkups can help in monitoring the emergence and growth of wisdom teeth.
Removal of the impacted tooth may be suggested if it causes discomfort or any dental problems.
- Wisdom tooth extraction: A general or local anaesthesia is given followed by making a surgical incision in your gums. Any bone that blocks the access to the impacted tooth root is removed and the impacted tooth is extracted. The wound is then closed with stitches.
- Pain medications and cold compresses may be recommended as wisdom tooth extraction can cause pain, bleeding and swelling at the affected site.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.