Dr. A V Kannan
Dr. A. V. Kannan, Senior Consultant and Head – Cardiac Anaesthesia at Meitra Hospital is trained under industry experts for cardiac anaesthesia at Madras Medical Mission. Dr Kannan is credited for helping establish the first cardiac centre as par with international standards in the private sector at a private medical college in Dhaka, Bangladesh. During his stint at Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences (currently known as Aster MIMS, Calicut), he had helped in establishing the first successful cardiac centre of North Kerala. He has numerous publications to his credit. His areas of interest include Anaesthesia for off pump CABG, MICS (Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeries), VATS (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgeries), TAVI (Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Implantation) and Anaesthesia for Heart Transplantation.
- MBBS, MD in Anaesthesia, PDCC in Cardiac Anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia for Off Pump CABG surgeries (OPCAB)
- Anaesthesia for Minimally Invasive Cardiac surgeries (MICS)
- Anaesthesia for Heart, Lung Transplant surgeries
Primary Location: Kozhikode
Languages Known: English, Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi
- MBBS from Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli.
- MD in Anaesthesia from Goa Medical College, Goa.
- PDCC in Cardiac Anaesthesia from Madras Medical Mission, Chennai.
- Junior Resident, Dept of Anaesthesia, Goa Medical College, Goa.
- Senior Resident, Dept of Anaesthesia, Goa Medical College, Goa.
- Junior Consultant, Getwell Hospital, Tirunelveli.
- PDCC in Cardiac Anaesthesia, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai.
- Junior Consultant, Manipal Heart Foundation, Bangalore.
- Senior Specialist, Z.H. Sikder Cardiac Care & Research Centre, Dhaka.
- Senior Consultant & HOD, Aster MIMS Hospital, Calicut.
Research & Publications:
- Combined left lower lobectomy and off pump coronary artery bypass grafting through left posterolateralthoracotomy – Indian Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular surgery, 2007; 23: 251-252. http://medind.nic.in/ibq/t07/i4/ibqt07i4p251.pdf
- Traumatic suprahepatic inferior vena cava injury: Surgical Management – Innovations: Technology & Techniques in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, Vol 2, Number 4, July 2007, Page:213 DOI: 10.1097/ IMI.0b013e318158ccde
- Simultaneous off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting and ascending aortobifemoral bypass graft via ventral abdominal route – Innovations: Technology & Techniques in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery 2 (2):84-85, March 2007. Page: 84; DOI: 10.1097/ IMI.0b013e318054e6f0
- Mammary patch reconstruction of left anterior descending coronary artery – Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2008; 16:313-317
- Tuberculosis of thymus: A Case Report – Heart, Lung and Circulation; 2008; DOI: 10.1016/ j.hlc.2007.01.010.
- Off-pump excision of left atrial appendage aneurysm: a Case Report – The Heart Surgery Forum #2005-1159 9 (1) 2006 [epub November 2005] DOI: 10.1532/ HSF98.20051159 www.cardenjennings.metapress.com
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.