Dr Anu Thomas, Medical Officer – Blood Centre at Meitra Hospital is a prolific doctor with an interest in patient blood management and expertise in Immunohematology and Advanced Red Cell Serology, Apheresis procedures and transfusion support in stem cell and organ transplant recipients.
- MBBS, MD Immunohematology & Blood Transfusion
- Immunohematology and Advanced Red Cell Serology
- Patient Blood Management
- Apheresis procedures: Plateletpheresis, Granulocyte apheresis, Peripheral Blood Stem cell harvesting
- Transfusion support in stem cell and organ transplant recipients
Primary location: Calicut
Languages Known: English, Malayalam, Hindi
- MBBS from Azeezia Institute of Medical Science and Research, Kollam (2008 – 2014)
- MD in Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion (IHBT) from Jubilee Mission Medical College, Thrissur (2016 – 2019)
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded First Prize in state level quiz competition, ISBTI Kollam in 2019
- Awarded Second Prize in oral presentation titled “Impact of monitoring quality indicators in blood bank” at Cochin Haematocon, ISHBT State level in 2017
- Presented oral papers in National Conference (Transmedcon in 2018) and state conference (ISBTI – Kerala Chapter) in 2017
- Participated in various national and state conferences
Research & Publications
Conducted Research on:
- “Understanding transfusion reactions – an essential tool as quality indicator” in 2016
- “Impact of monitoring quality indicators in blood bank” in 2017
- “Impact of iatrogenic blood loss and red cell transfusion in critically ill patients” in 2016-2019.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.