Dr. Basheer Abdul Gafoor
Dr Basheer Abdul Gafoor is a passionate Orthopaedic surgeon at Meitra Hospital with a keen and special interest in Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Surgery. He underwent focused fellowship program in Sports Medicine and Shoulder surgery under Dr Ashish Babulkar. A well-trained surgeon in advanced computer navigated joint replacement surgery, Dr Basheer has a rich experience of over 1,000 joint replacement surgeries, knee arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, and shoulder surgeries. He is known to have always integrated latest advancements into his clinical practice to achieve maximum positive outcome for the patients. His key areas of interest include Minimally invasive surgery, Key hole surgery, Sports injuries, ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair, Rotator cuff repair, Bankart surgery, and Joint Replacements.
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- Shoulder Injuries
- Knee and Hip Arthroplasty
- Complex upper limb and lower limb Fracture Fixation
Awards & Recognition
- Diplomate in National Board (2017)
Research & Publications
- Functional outcome following Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction – Transportal technique
- English, Hindi , Malayalam
- Senior Registrar– Dept of Orthopaedics at Calicut Medical College , Kozhikode (2016-2017)
- Junior Consultant– Dept of Bone & Joint Care at Kozhikode (2017 till date)
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in 2004
- MS in Orthopaedics from Government Medical College, Kottayam in 2013
- DNB in Orthopaedics – National Board of Examination in 2017
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery from Deenanath Mangeshwar, Pune 2019
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery from Meitra Hospital, 2018
- FIFA Diploma in Football Medicine in 2017
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.