Dr Deep P Pillai
Dr Deep P Pillai, Consultant Stroke and Interventional Neurologist, Department of Neurology at Meitra Hospital comes with 12+ years of experience in Neuro Sciences. He has done a 2-year Fellowship in Stroke and Neurovascular Interventions and is a Fellow of Society of Neurovascular Interventions (SNVI) India. He has independently performed over 1500 DSAs and more than 200 therapeutic interventions and has expertise in Neurosonology and Transcranial Doppler (including HITS assessment for PFO detection, Vasomotor Reactivity).
- MBBS from Government Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala (1998-2004)
- MD in General Medicine from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College Hospital, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh (2007-2010)
- DM in Neurology from Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala (2011-2014)
- Fellowship in Stroke and Neuro Vascular Interventions from King Edward Memorial Hospital, Pune, Maharashtra (2016-2018)
- Acute stroke management including special interest in Neuro-intervention including:
- Emergency Mechanical Thrombectomy For Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Intra-arterial Thrombolysis
- Extracranial Carotid and Vertebral artery stenting
- Intracranial stenting
- Endovascular Aneurysm Management – Simple / Balloon Assisted / Stent assisted coiling; Flow diversion and Flow Disruption devices
- AVM/dAVF/ CCF Embolisation
- Chemical Angioplasty
- CVST management – Endovascular Mechanical Thrombectomy / On-site Chemical Thrombolysis
- Venous Sinus Stenting
- Diagnostic Cerebral DSA
- English, Malayalam, Hindi
- Assistant Professor in Medicine at Azeezia Medical College Hospital, Kollam (2010-2011)
- Senior Residency in Neurology at Government Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram (2014-15)
- Consultant – Stroke and Intervention Neurologist at Believers Church Medical College Hospital, Thiruvalla, Kerala (2015-16)
- Lecturer in Neurology at KEM Hospital, Pune (2017-18)
- Senior Consultant – Stroke and Intervention Neurologist at Believers Church Medical College Hospital, Thiruvalla, Kerala (2018-22)
Research & Publications
- Kevin John John, Deep P Pillai, Vinod Pillai and John K John; Metronidazole Induced reversible Cerebellar Dysfunction.
- Kevin John John , Rhea Anne Roy , Bincy Baby , Deep P. Pillai , Anilkumar Sivan , Joban John , Sujin Koshy , John K. John; Admissions for Stroke and Strategies to Optimize Healthcare Delivery During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Experience from a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.