Dr Deepak Janardhan
Dr. Deepak is an experienced Head and Neck Surgeon with an ENT base. His repertoire in managing complicated Head and Neck cancer surgeries, stems from nearly a decade of exclusive experience in this field, at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC), Trivandrum. Not only did he acquire his Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery from RCC but also served as an Assistant Professor there. He has extensive training in diagnostic, flexible and rigid endoscopies, and biopsies. He has to his credit, published numerous research articles and presented papers in both National and International platforms. He is also a skilled organizer and been instrumental in organizing academic CME’s and conferences.
- MBBS, MS (ENT), Fellow in Head & Neck Surgery – Consultant – ENT and Head & Neck Surgery
Trained from Regional Cancer Centra (RCC), Trivandrum- one of the most premiere, large volume cancer centres of South India, Dr Deepak Janardhan brings an extraordinary wealth of Head and Neck Cancer surgery expertise to North Kerala. His repertoire in managing complicated Head and Neck cancer surgeries, stems from having operated on more than 3000 surgical cases pertaining to head and neck cancer treatment alone. He is passionate about minimally invasive surgeries and Laser cancer surgeries. Advanced Thyroid and Parotid surgeries are his areas of expertise.He is extensively trained in Oral Cancer surgical resections with extended Maxillectomies and Radical Neck dissections for advanced and radiorecurrent cases . He is keenly interested and skilled in laryngeal surgeries – both conservative CO2 Laser procedures ,open partial laryngectomies and Salvage total laryngectomies, with neck dissections . He is not only proficient in microscopic Temporal bone resection surgeries for malignancies but also local and regional flap reconstructive surgeries for defect restoration after Head and Neck cancer resections. He is adept at Transnasal endoscopic surgeries and microscopic otology procedures also. He has to his credit, published numerous research articles and presented papers in both National and International platforms. He is also a skilled organizer and been instrumental in organizing academic CME’s and conferences. He is a meticulous and skilled surgeon with impeccable integrity and calibre.
- English , Malayalam , Hindi, Tamil, Kannada
- MBBS from Govt Medical College, Calicut, Kerala
- MS in ENT from JJM Medical College, Davangere , Karnataka
- Fellowship In Head And Neck Surgery, from Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum , Kerala
- Assistant Surgeon, Govt Hospital, Valapattanam, Kannur
- Junior Resident, Dept of ENT, J.M. Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka
- Registrar, Dept of ENT, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Asst Professor and HOD, Dept of Otorhinolaryngology, DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences, Wayanad
- Fellow in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, Dept of Surgical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum
- Senior Resident in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology , Dept of Surgical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum
- Assistant Professor in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, Dept of Surgical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum
- Consultant ENT and Head and Neck Surgeon , Diamond Medical Centre, Vadagara and Ceeyem Hospital, Vadagara
- IFAB (Island Facial artery Buccinator Flap) on tongue oncoresection defect reconstruction.Presented at 7th World Congress of International Academy of Oral Oncology Sept 2019
- Island NLF of FAMM flap in oral oncoresection defects. Which side of the coin to choose? Presented at 7th World Congress of International Academy of Oral Oncology Sept 2019
- Mucosal melanomas of oral cavity- A tertiary care centre experience of surgically treated cases. Presented at 7th World Congress of International Academy of Oral Oncology Sept 2019
- ‘Medullary Carcinoma Thyroid & ATA guidelines’. Presented at Thyrocan 2018 Foundation PG RCC CME ( Dec 2018).
- ‘AJCC 8th edition Head and Neck Oral Cancers- Updates’. Presented in Trivandrum Oncology Club ( June 2018)
- ‘Supraclavicular flap-An early experience’. Presented at Trivandrum Plastic Surgeons Club (Dec 2015).
- ‘Huge Retrosternal goiter- Our Experience’. Presented at Clinical meeting of Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Chennai branch (Nov 2011).
- ‘Otomycosis In Relation To CSOM – A Study’. Presented at AOI Karnataka SOUTHCON 2010, Mysore (Oct 2010).
- ‘Primary Nasal Tuberculosis’. Presented at AOI 27th Karnataka State Conference ( Aug 2009).
Awards & Recognition:
- GOLD MEDAL IN M.S. ENT Awarded on a meritorious basis after M.S. ENT at J.J.M. Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka
- NATCON 2018- 2nd BEST POSTER AWARD M Design titanium plate reconstruction for Arch mandibular defects- Utility in Oral cancers with adjuvant radiation- An interim analysis
- COMBINED GLOBAL CME OF THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF HEAD-NECK SOCIETIES (IFHOS) AND ANNUAL MEETING OF THE FOUNDATION FOR HEAD-NECK ONCOLOGY ( FHNO) , 2016 Best Poster Award in Clinical Audit Category (‘Laryngectomy incisions and End stoma fashioning techniques – Two year Institutional experience’)
Research & Publications:
- Emergency tracheostomy during COVID-19 Pandemic in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology Unit. Oral Oncol 2020 Aug;107:104784
- Mucosal Melanomas of Head and Neck-A tertiary cancer centre experience. IJSO.Jan2020. DOI10.1007/s12262-020-02082-s
- IslandNLF or FAMM flap is Reconstruction of Oral Malignancy IJSO Nov2019. DOI 10.1007/s13193-019-01016-2
- Doing as little as possible and as much as necessary- Oncological efficacy of marginal mandibulectomy in resection of oral cavity cancers. Oral oncology Vol 95,Aug 2019 ,91-94
- Voice rehabilitation after laryngectomy:A Regional Cancer Centre Experience and Review of literature.Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg Jul 2019 https://doi.org/10.1007/sl2070-019-01707-w
- Nonrecurrent laryngeal nerve: A rare but predictable variation.Thyroid research & practice. 2019;16(1)39-41
- A rare case of metastasis to the mandible from the thyroid gland: a case Report and literature review. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology.Jan 2019;DOIhttps:// doi.org/10.1007s13193-019 -00873-1
- Salvage Hemilaryngectomy for Radio-recurrent laryngeal carcinoma in an elderly patient. J Otolaryngology ENT Res. Jan 2019;11(1):1-3
- Prospective Evaluation of Surgical Outcome After Transoral CO2 Laser Resection of Potentially Malignant and Early Oral Malignancy Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology.Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology (September 2018) 9(3):407–410
- Endstoma fashioning techniques and outcome in Laryngectomees’. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) 2279-0853.Volume 17, Issue 12 Ver. 2 December 2018, pgs: 76-79.
- ‘Reconstruction Plating In Oncological Arch Mandibular Resections Revisited With Technical Modifications’. International Journal Dental and Medical Sciences Research (IJDMSR) ISSN: 2393-073X Dec 2018;2:(12):19-24
- ‘Thyrolingual Trunk- Significance in Head and Neck Surgery’. Journal of Otolaryngology- ENT Research. Volume 10, Issue 6. 2018; 10 (6): 397-98.
- ‘Supraclavicular flap: A versatile flap for Head and Neck defect reconstruction-Our experience’. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics. Suppl.1.2017/13 (Suppl1):Pgs 166
- ‘Nasopharyngeal augmentation in Laryngopharyngectomy with patch supraclavicular flap’. Journal of Cancer Research an Therapeutics. Suppl. 1. 2017/13 (Suppl 1) pgs- 432-3.
- ‘Hypothyroidism In Surgically Treated T4 Hypopharyngeal And Laryngeal Cancers’. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. Volume 3, Issue 3 of IJOHNS, July 2017.
- ‘Gnathic Osteosarcomas- An Institutional Experience Of 10 Cases’. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) 2279-0861.Volume 16, Issue 5 Ver. I .May 2017, pgs: 98-101
- ‘Cricotracheal cylindromas-rare cases and review of literature’. International Journal of Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Research.Vol.4;Issue 0 1; Jan2017; 2187-89
- ‘Supracavicular artery flap- a promising versatile flap- An early experience’. JPJ779280416JHN.International Journal Of Head And Neck Surgery-October-December 2016, Vol-07, No-04″
- ‘Recurrent Orbital Cylindroma in a teenager’. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences ; Vol 15; Issue 12,III; Dec 2016:46- 48.
- ‘Isolated maxillary Rosai Dorfmann Disease masquerading as Carcinoma’- International Surgery Journal Vol3,(4). Nov 2016.
- ‘Primary Extracranial meningioma of naso-ethmoid’, Gujarat Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, Vol 8, No.3, Dec 2011, pgs 27-28.
- ‘Otomycosis In Relation To CSOM – A Study’, Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, Vol. 8 No. 2, August 2011, pgs 15-17
- ‘Bedside Tracheostomy: Experience Of 100 Cases’, Gujarat Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, Vol. 8,No.1, April 2011, pgs 5-7
- ‘A study of the correlation of the clinical features, radiological evaluation and operative findings in CSOM with Cholesteatoma’. Gujarat Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, Vol. 8 No. 1, April 2011,pgs: 17-19
- ‘Primary Nasal Tuberculosis’ , Case Report, Orissa Journal of Otolaryngology & Head & Neck Surgery; Jan-Jun 2010: 44 – 45
- ‘Laryngotracheal invasive Thyroid Cancer management J Otolaryngology ENT Res. 2018;7(3):00208. DOI: 10.15406/joentr.2017.07.00208
- ‘Surgical management of elongated styloid process by intraoral route: Experience of 70 cases’ – submitted for publication to Gujarat Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- ‘Otomycosis In Relation To CSOM – A Study’, Dissertation submitted to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, for Post graduate degree of M.S. in E.N.T.
- ‘Role of PTH and Serum calcium fall in predicting long term hypocalcemia in Post thyroidectomy patients’- Funded Project undertaken at RCC during Fellowship training
- ‘Laryngo-esophageal Dysfunction in T3 larynx and Hypopharynx Cancers-Post Organ Preservation Protocol’- Dissertation submitted for Fellowship training program at RCC, Trivandrum
- Posters presented at ‘ NATCON 2018’.
- M Design titanium plate reconstruction for Arch mandibular defects- Utility in Oral cancers with adjuvant radiation- An interim analysis
- Nasolabial flap reinvented
- Neopharyngeal augmentation in Laryngopharyngectomy with supraclavicular artery flap
- Folded submental flap- A treat!
- Posters presented at ‘COMBINED GLOBAL CME OF THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF HEAD-NECK SOCIETIES (IFHNOS) AND ANNUAL MEETING OF THE FOUNDATION FOR HEAD-NECK ONCOLOGY ( FHNO)’ , 2016
- Role of Thyroid Preservation in Laryngectomy
- TOLMS (Trans Oral Laser Microlaryngeal Surgery)- A Two year experience in a Tertiary cancer centre
- Voice Rehabilitation in Laryngectomies- A Two year Institutional Experience
- Laryngectomy- A Two year Institutional Study on Clinical Outcome
- Laryngectomy incisions and End stoma fashioning techniques- A Two year Institutional Experience
- Near Total Laryngectomy- Institutional experience
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.