Dr Febin Ahamed PI
Dr Febin Ahamed Pi is an accomplished Orthopaedic expert who completed his MS Ortho from the prestigious Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore and then went on to do his super specialty in Hand, Upper Extremity Microvascular & Reconstructive Surgery from Ganga Hospital Coimbatore. He is capable of managing complex emergency situations alongside managing open fractures with ease. Besides being a trauma specialist and dealing with all types of fractures, he also specialises in performing microvascular surgeries, various types of flaps, wound coverage, brachial plexus surgeries, deformity corrections, contracture releases, Cerebral palsy surgeries, tendon transfers, etc with appreciable success rate. Dr Febin also has adequate experience in treating sports injuries, Arthroscopic procedures, ligament reconstructions, spine disorders, deformity correction using ilizarovs technique and dynamic pin external fixators. With his vast array of experience, he is capable of providing best results while focussing on patient care and satisfaction.
Dr Febin holds Lifetime Memberships at Indian Orthopaedic Association, Indian Society for surgery of Hand (ISSH), Canara Orthopaedic Association and Karnataka Orthopaedic Association. He has conducted teaching programs for under graduates, post graduates and para clinical students. He aims to continue his research work in various areas in field of Orthopaedics and Hand & Micro surgery.He is Co-author of orthopedic textbook “Orthopaedic Navigator” which released internationally through Jay Pee publications and available all over the world through Amazon.
- MBBS, MS Ortho
- Complex Orthopaedic trauma
- Hand, upper extremity microvascular and reconstructive surgery
- Lower extremity microvascular and reconstructive surgery
- Vascular injuries
- Toe transfer
- Wrist pain
- Brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injuries
- Congenital hand
- Neuromuscular disorder-Cerebral palsy reconstructive surgery for upper and lower limbs
- Nerve compression
- Hand and upper extremity tumours
- Microvascular Soft tissue Flap cover for upper and lower limbs
- Replantation / Revascularization surgeries
- Sports injuries in Hand and Wrist
Primary location: Kozhikode
Languages known: Malayalam, English, Hindi, Kannada, and Tamil
- MBBS from Vinayaka Mission Medical College, Salem (2006-2012)
- Internship from Vinayaka Mission Medical College, Salem (2012-2013)
- FICM (Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine) from Apollo Hospital (2013-2014)
- MS Ortho from Department of Orthopaedics at Father Muller Medical Collge, Mangalore (2015-2018)
- Ganga Fellowship in Plastic, Hand upper extremity Microvascular and Reconstruction Surgery from Ganga Hospital (2020 to 2021) for 1 year
- Post doctorate fellowship in Hand , Microvascular and reconstuctive surgery from Dr MGR university (2021 to 2022) for 1 year.
- Junior Resident in Department of Orthopaedics at ASTER MIMS for Hand and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery (2014-2015)
- Resident in Department of Orthopaedics at Father Muller Medical Collge, Mangalore (2015-2018)
- Senior Registrar in Department of Orthopaedics at Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences (2018 – 2019)
- Observer in Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut (2019)
- Orthopaedic Register at Iqraa International Hospital (2019-2020)
Research & Publications:
- Thesis: Comparison of operative techniques in carpal tunnel syndrome: Observational study
- Abdominal flap – Saviours in degloving hand injuries: A case report (First Author); Stanley Medical Journal – SMJ (E-ISSN 2455-5088 & P-ISSN 2394-3637)
- Case report on Malignant transformation of scapular Osteocondroma and its management
- Co-author of “Orthopaedic Navigator”, a handbook of classification and important exam- oriented material under review for publication by JP publishers
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.