Dr. George Abraham
Dr. George Abraham is the Chairman of Bone and Joint Care at Meitra Hospital. Having completed his undergraduate training from Calicut Medical College and post graduate training in Orthopaedics from Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, as well as training in Spine Surgery from Australia, he has been a name to reckon with in the field of bone and joint care across the country. Dr George Abraham went on to teach at CMC Hospital for more than a decade till 2001. His special interest lies in hipe replacements, spine surgeries and related disorders. He is professionally associated as Members with Indian Medical Association and Indian Orthopaedic Association. The DNB Orthopaedics Programme at Aster MIMS, Calicut was initiated under his guidance. Needless to say, under his tutelage, many outstanding doctors and surgeons have been introduced in this field of bone and joint care.
FNB Spine and Arthroplasty course has been approved by National Board of Examination and will be commencing from January 2022.
- MBBA, MS Ortho, D. Ortho, Fellowship Spine Surgery (Australia)
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Calicut, Calicut University in 1980
- Ortho from CMC Hospital, Vellore, Madras University in 1985
- Ortho from CMC Hospital, Vellore, Madras University in 1990
- Fellow in Spine surgery (Add institute, Australia) in 1998
- Teaching Faculty at CMC Hospital, Vellore (1990 – 2001)
- Head of Department – Orthopaedics at Aster MIMS, Calicut (2001-2016)
Awards & Recognition
- Gold medal for Best Trauma Paper, TNOA (1990)
- He has more than 12 international publications
- Has undergone JCI Practicum training in 2016 (Singapore)
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.