Dr. K A Salam
Dr. K.A. Salam, one of the senior most experienced neurologists in the state is the Chairman of the Centre for Neurosciences at Meitra. He started his career as a faculty at Medical College, Calicut. Later, he established the Department of Neurosciences at Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut, where he continued to train, teach and inspire the younger generation of neuroscientists. He was instrumental in starting and popularizing thrombolytic therapy for Stroke in the Malabar region. He also founded the Calicut Neurological Society (CNS), which is now an active forum for discussions and learning. He is the former President of Neurological Society of India (NSI) Kerala chapter and Kerala Association of Neurologists (KAN). A keen sports person, he strongly believes in prescribing exercise as a therapeutic measure for many neurological disorders.
- Behavioral Neurology
- Faculty – Calicut Medical College
- Established the department of neurosciences at Baby Memorial Hospital
- Founder of Calicut Neurological Society (CNS)
- Former President – Neurological Society of India (NSI) Kerala chapter
- Former President – Kerala Association of Neurologists (KAN)
- Member of Indian Academy of Neurology
- Member of Indian National Stroke Association
- Member of American Association of Neurologists
- Member of World Stroke Federation
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.