Dr. Ragesh Radhakrishnan Nair
Dr. Ragesh Radhakrishnan Nair was trained for 7 years, for both MD(Internal Medicine) and DM(Clinical Haematology) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS- New Delhi), India’s most premier and top most medical institute.
He specializes in the treatment of Multiple Myeloma, lymphomas, leukaemias like AML/ALL/MPAL, CLL, MDS, CML, Myelofibrosis, Polycythemia vera, Essential thrombocytosis, Aplastic anemia, ITP, autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA), assessment of low Hb/low platelets/low WBC, bleeding disorders, DVT, and other blood disorders of both adults and paediatric patients.
He performs adult and pediatric bone marrow transplants (BMT) for various malignant blood disorders (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma (Plasma cell dyscrasias), non-malignant blood disorders( Aplastic anemia, sickle cell disease, thalassemia), cases of multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases. He has special focus on complex cases with allogenic and autologous BMT.
He has the experience of performing transplants of patients from Kerala to Northern India to across the globe from Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Various African nations , UK, Netherland, Switzerland, USA ,Canada and the CSR countries.
- Multiple Myeloma
- Polycythemia vera
- Essential thrombocytosis
- Aplastic anemia
- Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA)
- Assessment of low Hb/low platelets/low WBC
- Bleeding disorders
MBBS- Government Medical College, Calicut,Kerala
MD (Internal Medicine) -AIIMS, Delhi
DM (Clinical Haematology) -AIIMS, Delhi
Consultant Haemato-oncology and Bone marrow transplant ( Adult and Pediatric)- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon,Delhi-NCR
- Co-authored a chapter on “Interfaces for Noninvasive Ventilation: General elements and Options” in the textbook of “Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation” Print ISBN: 978-3-319-21652-2, Online ISBN: 978-3-319-21653-9, Copyright: Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Co-authored a chapter on “Heated Humidifier” in the textbook of “Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation” Print ISBN: 978-3-319-21652-2, Online ISBN: 978-3-319-21653-9, Copyright: Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Co-authored a chapter on “ Lung and lung dysfunction’ in “ Textbook of biochemistry, Biotechnology, Allied and molecular medicine”, ISBN-13: 9788120351257
- Co-authored a chapter “A Case of Paradoxical Vocal Cord Motion Presenting as Obstructive Sleep Apnea” in the Case Book of Sleep Medicine by American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
Publications in journals:
- IMPACT OF INFECTION PRIOR TO THE INITIATION OF INDUCTION…. EHA Learning Center. Radhakrishnan Nair R. Jun 14 2018; 216103 [Internet]. [cited 2018 Jun 16]. Available from: https://learningcenter.ehaweb.org/eha/2018/stockholm/216103/ragesh.radhakrishnan.nair.impact.of.infection.prior.to.the.initiation.of.html?f=menu=6*ce_id=1346*ot_id=19045*media=3*marker=168
- Chauhan R, Sazawal S, Singh K, Ragesh R Nair R, Chhikara S, Deka R, et al. Reversal of Glanzmann thrombasthenia platelet phenotype after imatinib treatment in a pediatric chronic myeloid leukemia patient. Platelets. 2018 Mar;29(2):203–6.
- Farooqui FA, Sharma SK, Kumar A, Soneja M, Mani K, Radhakrishnan R, et al. Endothelial function and carotid intima media thickness in obstructive sleep apnea without comorbidity. Sleep Breath Schlaf Atm. 2017 Mar;21(1):69–76.
- Pawar S, Sharma A, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Jha S, Das CJ, et al. An Interesting Case of Bilateral Lung Consolidation. J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 Jul;63(7):54–7.
- Ragesh R, Ray A, Mian A, Vyas S, Sharma SK. Cavitary Lung Lesions in a Difficult-To-Treat Asthma Patient. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 Apr;64(4):73–6.
- Agarwal A, Sharma SK, Sinha S, Ragesh R, Memon S, Gupta SD, et al. Primary Sjögren’s Syndrome Presenting as Flaccid Quadriparesis. J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 Apr;63(4):60–3.
- S A, R R, Nischal N, Soneja M, Kakkar A, Sharma MC, et al. Tuberous Sclerosis with Disseminated Malignancy. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 Nov;64(11):68–71.
- Pawar S, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Das CJ, Tripathi M, Sharma SK. Disseminated Tuberculosis Masquerading as Metastatic Pancreatic Carcinoma. J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 May;63(5):66–8.
- Pawar S, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Sharma S, Panda PK, Sharma SK. Unique Triad of “Pregnancy, Kala Azar and Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytic Syndrome from a Non-Endemic Region.” J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 Jun;63(6):65–8.
- Pawar S, Ganakumar V, Jha S, Ragesh R, Ray A, Kakkar A, et al. Pulmonary Cryptococcoma Masquerading as Lung Cancer. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 May;64(5):66–8.
- Mittal A, Sharma S, Gupta VG, Ragesh R, Nischal N, Gogia A, et al. Carcinoma of Unknown Primary Presenting as Peripheral Symmetric Gangrene. J Assoc Physicians India. 2017 Feb;65(2):78–81.
- Sharma SK, Katoch VM, Mohan A, Kadhiravan T, Elavarasi A, Ragesh R, et al. Consensus & Evidence-based INOSA Guidelines 2014 (First edition). Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 2015 Mar;57(1):48–64.
- Sharma SK, Katoch VM, Mohan A, Kadhiravan T, Elavarasi A, Ragesh R, et al. Consensus & evidence-based INOSA Guidelines 2014 (first edition). Indian J Med Res. 2014 Sep;140(3):451–68.
- Sharma SK, Katoch VM, Mohan A, Kadhiravan T, Elavarasi A, Ragesh R, et al. Consensus and evidence-based Indian initiative on obstructive sleep apnea guidelines 2014 (first edition). Lung India Off Organ Indian Chest Soc. 2015 Aug;32(4):422–34.
- Contributor in ; Sharma SK, Ryan H, Khaparde S, Sachdeva KS, Singh AD, Mohan A, et al. Index-TB guidelines: Guidelines on extrapulmonary tuberculosis for India. Indian J Med Res. 2017 Apr;145(4):448–63.
- Imatinib-induced platelet dysfunction and hypofibrinogenemia in chronic myeloid leukemia. Nair RR1, Chauhan R, Harankhedkar S, Mahapatra M, Saxena R. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis.2019 Jul;30(5):246-248. doi: 10.1097/MBC.0000000000000817.
- Bhar, V.S., Nair, R.R. & Singh, P.K. Proplatelets in the Peripheral Blood: Morphological Similarity to the Process of Platelet Release. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus36, 408–410 (2020).
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.