Dr. Sarfaraz Aslam
Dr. Sarfaraz Aslam has been working as Consultant in the Department of Nephrology at Meitra Hospital since its inception in 2017. Before joining us, he was associated with Dept. of Nephrology at Aster MIMS Kotakkal. He is well trained to perform interventions such as renal biopsy (both native and transplant kidneys), tunnelled jugular catheter insertions and percutaneous CAPD catheter insertions. His contribution has been immense in the development of Transplant Programme and the Department at Meitra Hospital. He was part of the team which performed the institution’s first related kidney transplant in 2019.
- MBBS,MD, DM (Nephrology)
- English, Hindi, Malayalam, Urdu
- MBBS from Govt. Coimbatore Medical College
- MD in General Medicine from JIPMER, Puducherry
- DM in Nephrology from Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode.
- Glomerular Diseases
- Pre-Dialysis CKD Care
- Renal Replacement Therapy including Peritoneal Dialysis
- Renal Transplantation
- Critical Care Nephrology
- Senior resident in the Department of Nephrology, Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode
- Consultant Nephrologist, Aster MIMS, Kottakkal
Awards & Recognition:
- Horlicks Endowment Prize for performance in Final year I & II (MBBS)
- The Hobart Prize for performance in Final year Part I & II (MBBS)
- Lalgudi Mrs. Jeeva Vishwanathan Prize for performance in Final year Part I & II (MBBS)
- Shri Venkata Subba Reddiar Gold Medal for Cardiology
- D. B. Bisht Endowment Prize in Cardiology
- S. Chandrasekar Endowment Prize in Neurology
- S. C. Mitra and Mrs. Geetha Mitra Endowment Prize in Medicine
Research & Publications:
- Efficacy and Safety of Bortezomib based regimen and Plasmapheresis in Cast Nephropathy: An Observational Study – Best Oral presentation in ISNSCCON,2016
- Outcomes of Percutaneous CAPD catheter insertion in a Tertiary Care Centre – Best Oral presentation in NAKCON,2016
- Clinical and Pathological Profile of patients presenting with C3 Glomerulopathy and response to Immunosuppressive therapy – Best Oral presentation in NAKCON,2016
- Hoffmann’s syndrome: A rare neurological presentation of hypothyroidism. International Journal of Nutrition, Pharmacology and Neurological diseases. Volume 1: Issue 2: 2011
- Clinical profile and outcome in long-term hemodialysis: A comparative study of hospital-based versus standalone units. Indian Journal of Nephrology, November 2021.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.