The Centre comprises of three main departments: Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology and Interventional Gastro Radiology. These departments are led by a team of highly skilled and trained gastroenterologists, surgeons, endoscopists and experts in interventional radiology. Backed by advanced cutting-edge technology these experts treat digestive diseases ranging from minor illnesses to the most complicated ones. The entire spectrum of interventions from minor procedures to the most advanced interventions and surgeries are performed with utmost precision.
Dr. Shanavas Kakkat
Young dynamic surgeon with 10 years of experience in the field of Gastrointestinal surgery. He completed his bachelors (MBBS-2006) and Masters in surgery( MS -2011) from Government medical college ,Kozhikode. He awarded DNB in general surgery from National Board of education . After this he worked as Lecturer in Gastrointestinal surgery department in Government Medical college, Kozhikode for couple of years, He finished his Super Specialisation in Gastrointestinal surgery (MCh) from the prestigious single seat Super speciality of the state from Government medical college ,Trivandrum. During this tenure ,he trained various open and Laparoscopic complex Gastrointestinal surgeries for both benign as well as cancer diseases . After super specialisation he has been awarded Fellowship in minimally invasive surgery(FMAS) from Association of minimally invasive surgeons of India and fellowship from association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (FIAGES). He also received training in Minimally invasive Proctology from CE MAST institute, Mumbai regarding newer treatment modalities in the field of Anorectal diseases. He also trained in Minimally invasive abdominal wall hernia surgeries from National university hospital, Singapore. He also carries various state, national, and international presentation and publications under his belt.
- MBBS, MS & DNB-General Surgery, Mch – Surgical Gastroenterology, FMAS, FIAGES
Special interests: Minimally invasive colorectal surgeries, open and laparoscopic hepatopancreatico-biliary surgeries(HPB),Minimally invasive abdominal wall hernia surgeries, Minimally invasive proctology, Liver transplantation.
- Hepato, Pancreatic & Biliary Surgery
- Liver transplantation
- Minimally invasive proctology
- MBBS (2000-2006) – Calicut Medical College, Calicut University. Kerala.
- MS & DNB-General Surgery (2008-2011) – Calicut Medical College, Calicut University. Kerala.
- Mch – Surgical Gastroenterology – (2014-2017) – Thiruvananthapuram Govt. Medical College, KUHS – Medical University.
- 2nd prize in South India Torrent young Scholar Award (TYSA) – selected for National finals – 2016 (selected to final six).
- 2nd prize in state surgical Quiz Kerala Chapter – 2011.
- 3rd prize in state surgical Quiz Kerala Chapter – 2010.
- Basic surgical techniques course at Ethicon Institute of surgical education, Chennai-2010.
- 10th Certificate Course in PHB surgery, Lake-Shore hospital, Cochin-2016.
- EUS-live Workshop -2016, Trivandrum.
- HPB-Live cadaveric workshop – (liver, pancreas and biliary) IHPBA-Bangalore-2017.
- “Vascular anastomotic techniques” – hands on training – IHPBA Bangalore – 2017.
- FMAS – fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery – AMASI skill course, cochin – 2017.
- FIAGES – Fellowship in Association of Gastro End surgeons – IAGES Coimbatore, 2019.
- Fellowship in Minimally invasive proctology-CeMAT, Mumbai-2019.
- Consultant G.I Surgeon, Rajagiri Hospital, Cochin. (October 2017 to July 2019).
- One year senior Resident in General surgery (Post MS-2011-2012).
- Senior Lecturer in department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Calicut Medical College (2012 – 2014)
Presentations & Publications:
- Outcomes of management of infective pancreatic necrosis – IHPBA – Banglore – 2017.
- Does multiple hospital admissions increases the morbidity in infective pancreatic necrosis?-ASGK-Kerala-2017
- Presented a CPC – on ‘An unusual tumour causing Biliary Obstruction’ in Gastrointestinal pathology conference – Trivandrum – 2017.
- Diagnostic accuracy of Platelet Lymphocyte Ratio (PLR) in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma-IASG-Coimbatore-2016.
- Diagnostic accuracy of PLR in pancreatic adenocarcinoma – interim analysis (ASGK – 2016).
- Do biliary – cystic neoplasm’s have predilection to segment – IV Liver?(IASG-Pune-2015).
- Partial cholecystectomy-Immediate and Late Outcome(ASGK-2015).
- Outcomes of Management of pancreticoduodenectomy-(IASG-2013 Kolkatta).
- Outcomes of Management of pancreticoduodenectomy comparing international standards International Gastro Oncology conference – Arlington, Washington0DC-2013).
- Aetiological factors causing small bowel obstruction in tertiary hospitals-ASI Kerala-2010.
- Aetiological factors causing intestinal obstruction in tertiary hospitals-ASI kerala-2011.
- Comparison Platelet lymphocyte ratio (PLR) and CA-19-9 in differentiating benign from malignant head masses in patients with chronic pancreatitis – Indian journal of Gastroenterology (Springer) -2017 Jul;36(4):263-267.
- Low tie IMA with selective D3-lymphadenctomy in laparoscopic rectal resection for carcinoma rectum: comparison of surgical and oncological outcomes with the open technique Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology 2017 Ocy;8(5):85-857.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.