Dr. Shanavas Kakkat
Dr. Shanavas Kakkat is a young dynamic gastrointestinal surgeon with more than 4 years experience in the field of gastro surgery. He has been awarded fellowship in minimally invasive surgeries (FMAS) from the Association of Minimally Invasive Surgeon of India and fellowship from The Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons(FIAGES). He also received training in minimally invasive proctology from CE MAST Institute, Mumbai and minimally invasive abdominal wall hernia surgeries from the National University Hospital , Singapore. He is known for his ability in performing complex Gastrointestinal surgical procedures.
- Hepato, Pancreatic & Biliary Surgery
- Liver transplantation
- Minimally invasive proctology
- MBBS (2000-2006) – Calicut Medical College, Calicut University. Kerala.
- MS & DNB-General Surgery (2008-2011) – Calicut Medical College, Calicut University. Kerala.
- Mch – Surgical Gastroenterology – (2014-2017) – Thiruvananthapuram Govt. Medical College, KUHS – Medical University.
- Consultant G.I Surgeon, Rajagiri Hospital, Cochin. (October 2017 to July 2019).
- One year senior Resident in General surgery (Post MS-2011-2012).
- Senior Lecturer in department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Calicut Medical College (2012 – 2014)
- 2nd prize in South India Torrent young Scholar Award (TYSA) – selected for National finals – 2016 (selected to final six).
- 2nd prize in state surgical Quiz Kerala Chapter – 2011.
- 3rd prize in state surgical Quiz Kerala Chapter – 2010.
Presentations & Publications:
- Outcomes of management of infective pancreatic necrosis – IHPBA – Banglore – 2017.
- Does multiple hospital admissions increases the morbidity in infective pancreatic necrosis?-ASGK-Kerala-2017
- Presented a CPC – on ‘An unusual tumour causing Biliary Obstruction’ in Gastrointestinal pathology conference – Trivandrum – 2017.
- Diagnostic accuracy of Platelet Lymphocyte Ratio (PLR) in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma-IASG-Coimbatore-2016.
- Diagnostic accuracy of PLR in pancreatic adenocarcinoma – interim analysis (ASGK – 2016).
- Do biliary – cystic neoplasm’s have predilection to segment – IV Liver?(IASG-Pune-2015).
- Partial cholecystectomy-Immediate and Late Outcome(ASGK-2015).
- Outcomes of Management of pancreticoduodenectomy-(IASG-2013 Kolkatta).
- Outcomes of Management of pancreticoduodenectomy comparing international standards International Gastro Oncology conference – Arlington, Washington0DC-2013).
- Aetiological factors causing small bowel obstruction in tertiary hospitals-ASI Kerala-2010.
- Aetiological factors causing intestinal obstruction in tertiary hospitals-ASI kerala-2011.
- Comparison Platelet lymphocyte ratio (PLR) and CA-19-9 in differentiating benign from malignant head masses in patients with chronic pancreatitis – Indian journal of Gastroenterology (Springer) -2017 Jul;36(4):263-267.
- Low tie IMA with selective D3-lymphadenctomy in laparoscopic rectal resection for carcinoma rectum: comparison of surgical and oncological outcomes with the open technique Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology 2017 Ocy;8(5):85-857.
- Basic surgical techniques course at Ethicon Institute of surgical education, Chennai-2010.
- 10th Certificate Course in PHB surgery, Lake-Shore hospital, Cochin-2016.
- EUS-live Workshop -2016, Trivandrum.
- HPB-Live cadaveric workshop – (liver, pancreas and biliary) IHPBA-Bangalore-2017.
- “Vascular anastomotic techniques” – hands on training – IHPBA Bangalore – 2017.
- FMAS – fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery – AMASI skill course, cochin – 2017.
- FIAGES – Fellowship in Association of Gastro End surgeons – IAGES Coimbatore, 2019.
- Fellowship in Minimally invasive proctology-CeMAT, Mumbai-2019.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.