Dr. Shyam Sundar S
Being a Neurosurgeon with 15 years of experience, Dr Shyam Sunder S specializes in minimal access procedures like endoscopic and key hole brain and skull base surgeries, including pituitary surgeries. He is one of the pioneers in the state in the field of endoscopic skull base work. He specializes in highly advanced neurosurgical work for brain and skull base tumors, involving brain mapping and monitoring and awake surgeries. He also specializes in vascular surgery of the brain like aneurysm, vascular malformations, carotid endarterectomies and vascular bypass. Surgery for functional and pain disorders like trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm and surgery for epilepsy also are in his forte. He is also involved in spine surgery work especially in the area of tumors arising from within the spinal cord or the nerves.
A Sugita Scholar from the university of Nagoya, Japan, he did his medical training (MBBS, MS General Surgery and MCh Neurosurgery) from Government Medical College, Trivandrum.
He is a member of various societies in Neurosciences and is a board member in a few.
- Minimally invasive / key hole and endoscopic brain and skull base surgery, including pituitary surgeries.
- Neuro oncology : brain mapping and monitoring and awake surgeries
- Neurovascular surgeries : Aneurysms , vascular malformation , carotid endarterectomies and vascular bypass
- Functional neurosurgery and surgery for pain disorders, surgery for epilepsy, trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm and other pain procedures.
- Spine surgery of tumors arising from within the spinal cord or the nerves.
- Additional Professor – Dept. of Neurosurgery at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Consultant Neurosurgeon – Aster Medcity, Kochi ( 2014 – 2017 )
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.