The Centre comprises of three main departments: Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology and Interventional Gastro Radiology. These departments are led by a team of highly skilled and trained gastroenterologists, surgeons, endoscopists and experts in interventional radiology. Backed by advanced cutting-edge technology these experts treat digestive diseases ranging from minor illnesses to the most complicated ones. The entire spectrum of interventions from minor procedures to the most advanced interventions and surgeries are performed with utmost precision.
Dr Thiagarajan Srinivasan
A renowned Liver Transplant Surgeon comes with over 15 years of experience in his chosen field. He is an expert in all types of Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Surgeries (both Laparoscopic and Open) and Liver Transplant. Overall experience of more than 1700 Liver Transplants. First surgeon in India to have done 40 Hybrid (small incision) , 3D Laparoscopic right lobe donor and now actively performing Robotic Donor Hepatectomies.
- Chennai , Tamil Nadu
- English, Hindi , Tamil
- MBBS from Thanjavur Medical College, Tamilnadu (2001)
- MS ( General Surgery ) from PGIMER, Chandigarh ( 2006 )
- DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation)from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi (2012)
- Senior Liver Transplant fellowship from Medanta The Medicity (2013)
Awards & Recognition
- “Award paper” at Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology 2008, Chennai. C Reactive Protein and Thrombocytosis in esophageal carcinoma
- Won Young Investigator Award for plenary presentation in ‘International liver transplant society’ world congress 2011, Valencia, Spain – Infective complications in Living donor liver transplantation-Patterns and Factors influencing outcome.
- Recipient of ICMR Travel Award for plenary presentation in ‘International liver transplant society’ world congress 2011, Valencia, Spain
- Award paper – Techniques and outcomes of Portal vein thrombosis in Paediatric LDLT in IASG 2018, Chandigarh
- Award Video – Hybrid 3D Laparoscopic Right lobe donor hepatectomy – first series from south asia – IASG 2018 ,Chandigarh
- Director Institute of Liver diseases, Transplant and HPB surgery MGM Healthcare , Chennai , India ( Jan 2020 – till date )
- Senior Consultant Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Surgeon Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine , Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon, India (June 2016 – December 2020 )
- Consultant Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Surgeon Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon, India (June 2013 – June 2016)
- Senior Liver Transplant Fellow Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon, India (May 2012 – May 2013)
- Post-Doctoral DNB Senior Resident GI Surgery (Fellow) Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India (February 2009 – Feb 2012 )
- Senior Resident Department of General surgery and Surgical Gastroenterology PGIMER, Chandigarh, India (July 2006- December 2007)
- Assistant professor in general Surgery Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry, India (August 2008 – January 2009)
Publications and Presentation
- Thiagarajan Srinivasan, Jai D. Wig, Rajesh Gupta, Thakur D. Yadav, Rudra P. Doley, AshwinikumarKudari, NedounsejianeMandjiny , Rakesh Kochhar. Complex Hepatic Injuries: an Audit from a Tertiary Center. Eur Journal of trauma and emergency surgery. 2008;34: 287293.
- Thiagarajan Srinivasan ,SamiranNundy Journal scan on NEJM.org; 2001 [10.1056/NEJMoa1102662] Early versus late parenteral nutrition in critically ill adults: Early parenteral nutrition to supplement insufficient enteral nutrition in intensive care patients (EPaNIC trial) : The ganga ram journal . 2011;1:293-94
- Thiagarajan Srinivasan, M. Govindasamy, S. Chattopadhyay, V. Varma, N.N. Mehta, V. Kumaran, S. Nundy,Inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma. The ganga ram journal . 2011;1: 19497
- Mahendran Govindasamy,Thiagarajan Srinivasan , Vibha Varma , Naimish Mehta, Amitabh Yadav, Vinay Kumaran, SamiranNundy. Biliary Tract Tuberculosis—a Diagnostic Dilemma. .Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery2011; 15: 2172-7. • Verma GR, Thiagarajan S, Gupta R, Kaman L, Das R, Kochhar R, Sinha SK.Thrombocytosis and Raised CRP Levels Predicts Advanced Stage in Esophageal Carcinoma. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2015 Dec;46(4):350-5. doi: 10.1007/s12029-015-9750-z.
- Soin AS, Thiagarajan S. LT scene in India. MAMC Jour of Med Sci. 2016 Jan.:2: 6-11 Pahari H, Chaudhary RJ, Thiagarajan S, Raut V, et al Hepatic Venous and Inferior Vena Cava Morphology No Longer a Barrier to Living Donor Liver Transplantation for Budd-Chiari Syndrome: Surgical Techniques and Outcomes. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:2732-2737.
- Soin AS, Raut V, Mohanka R, Rastogi A, Srinivasan T, Choudhary N et al. Use of ABO-incompatible grafts in living donor liver transplantation–first report from India. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2014 Jan;33(1):72-6.
- Soin AS, Goja S, Yadav SK, Tamang TY, Rastogi A, Bhangui P, ThiagrajanS et al (D+10) MELD as a novel predictor of patient and graft survival after adult to adult living donor liver transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2017 May;31(5)
- Choudhary NS, Saraf N, Saigal S, Gautam D, Rastogi A, Goja S, Bhangui P, Srinivasan T, Yadav SK, Soin A. Revisiting chronic rejection following living donor liver transplantation in the tacrolimus era: A single center experience. Clin Transplant. 2018 Feb;32(2).
- Soin AS, Yadav SK, Saha SK, Rastogi A, Bhangui P, Srinivasan T, Saraf N, Choudhary NS, Saigal S, Vohra V Is Portal Inflow Modulation Always Necessary for Successful Utilization of Small Volume Living Donor Liver Grafts? Liver Transpl. 2019 Dec;25(12):1811-1821.
- Bhangui P, Sah J, Choudhary N, Gautam D, Gupta V, Srinivasan T, Rastogi A, Piplani T, Saraf N, Saigal S, Soin A Safe Use of Right Lobe Live Donor Livers With up to 20% Macrovesicular Steatosis Without Compromising Donor Safety and Recipient Outcome. Transplantation. 2020 Feb;104(2):308-316.
- Choudhary NS, Saigal S, Saraf N, Rastogi A, Goja S, Bhangui P, Thiagrajan S, Gautam D, Govil D, Vohra V, Soin AS. Outcome of Living Donor Liver Transplantation for Wilson’s Disease in Adults: A Single Center Experience. J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2018 Jun;8(2):132-135
- Soin AS, Goja S, Yadav SK, Tamang TY, Rastogi A, Bhangui P, Thiagrajan S, Raut V, Babu RY, Saigal S, Saraf N, Choudhary NS, Vohara V. (D+10) MELD as a novel predictor of patient and graft survival after adult to adult living donor liver transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2017 May;31(5).
- Choudhary NS, Sonavane A, Saraf N, Saigal S, Rastogi A, Bhangui P, Thiagrajan S, Yadav SK, Saha S, Soin AS. Poor Performance Status Predicts Mortality After Living Donor Liver Transplantation. J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2020 JanFeb;10(1):37-4
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.