Dr Vijay K Ashok
Dr Vijay K Ashok, Consultant, General Medicine at Meitra Hospital comes with a rich 8+ years of teaching experience for MBBS as well as MD General Medicine post-graduate students. His areas of expertise include Life-style diseases, Infectious diseases, Haematology, and ailments of the Geriatric population. His strengths include work ethic, attention to detail and compassionate nature.
- MBBS, MD in General Medicine
- Life-style diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Geriatric ailments
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Thrissur, Calicut University (1999-2005).
- MD in General Medicine from Amrita School of Medicine, Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham (2009-2012).
Awards & Recognition:
- Certified as an examiner in the field of General Medicine by Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS).
- Attended the Curriculum Implementation Support Programme (CISP)as well as the Revised Basic Course Workshop (RBCW) conducted by KMCT Medical College Manassery in August 2020 and March 2021, respectively.
- Held the post of Registrar for 2019 MBBS batch of KMCT Medical College and helped in the initial organisation of General Medicine competencies as per the new CBME curriculum for 2019 Batch MBBS.
- Certified as a Covid warrior after managing patients suffering from Covid in HDU and ICU of KMCT Covid Hospital Thoongampuram.
Research and Publications:
- Delirium in Elderly: Is age the sole factor in determining prognosis? Journal of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics, Vol 14, No. 3, September 2018, Page 113-18.
- Role of C-Reactive Protein as an indicator for determining the outcome of Sepsis. Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, Vol 23, No.1, January 2019, Page 11-14.
- Surgeon at PHC Kondazhi, Thrissur (2006-07)
- Resident in General Medicine at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) (2009-12)
- Clinical Asst. Professor of Medicine – Department of Haematology and Medical Oncology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS), Kochi (February 2013 – February 2014)
- Senior Resident in Department of General Medicine at Government Medical College Manjeri (July 2014 – September 2014)
- Senior Resident in Department of General Medicine at MES Medical College Perinthalmanna (October 2014 – June 2015)
- Assistant Professor in Department of General Medicine at MES Medical College at Perinthalmanna (June 2015 – February 2019)
- Associate Professor in Department of General Medicine at MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna (February 2019 – July 2019)
- Associate Professor in Department of General Medicine at KMCT Medical College, Manassery (August 2019 – December 2021)
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.