The Centre comprises of three main departments: Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology and Interventional Gastro Radiology. These departments are led by a team of highly skilled and trained gastroenterologists, surgeons, endoscopists and experts in interventional radiology. Backed by advanced cutting-edge technology these experts treat digestive diseases ranging from minor illnesses to the most complicated ones. The entire spectrum of interventions from minor procedures to the most advanced interventions and surgeries are performed with utmost precision.
Cholecystectomy is the surgical removal of gallbladder. Gall bladder is a pear shaped organ located under your liver. It stores digestive juice called bile, which is produced in the liver. Cholecystectomy is the common treatment option for gallstones, cholecystitis and other gall bladder conditions.
Cholecystectomy is usually performed under general anaesthesia. There are two types of cholecystectomy: open and laparoscopic. Either one of them can be opted depending on several factors including overall health condition of the patient, associated medical conditions and medical history.
- An incision of about 4 to 6 inches is made in the upper right side of your abdomen.
- Your surgeon then finds your gallbladder and takes it out through the incision.
- Your incision is then cleaned, sutured and suitable dressing is then applied.
- A few, small incisions will be made in your abdomen.
- A long thin tube with a high-resolution camera at the front is then inserted through the incision.
- The camera displays images which can be seen on a monitor and this helps the surgeon to see the inside of the abdomen clearly and locate the gallbladder.
- The gallbladder is then removed through any one of the incisions using surgical tools already inserted along with the laparoscope into the abdomen.
- The incisions are then cleaned, sutures and suitable dressing is applied.
- Prevents recurrence of gallstones
- Relief from pain
- Reduces infections.
- Injury to the liver
- Hernia at the incision site.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.