Deep Brain Stimulation
Deep brain stimulation is a surgical procedure used in the treatment of several conditions such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, dystonia and essential tremor. It is mostly done in people who aren’t able to control their symptoms with medications.
- The procedure involves implanting electrodes into certain areas of your brain.
- These electrodes produce electrical impulses that control abnormal brain activity.
- The amount of stimulation in deep brain stimulation is controlled by a programmable generator placed under the skin in your upper chest.
- A wire that travels under your skin connects this device to the electrodes in your brain.
- The electrical stimulation is adjustable and reversible as the person’s condition changes.
- It does not cause permanent brain damage.
- The stimulator can be turned off any time if it causes excessive side effects
- Breathing problems
- Heart problems
- Bleeding in the brain
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.