Endovascular embolization is a surgical procedure used to treat abnormal blood vessels found in your brain and other parts of your body. This procedure may be recommended if you have brain aneurysms, abnormal growths in your circulatory systems, arteriovenous malformations or excessive nosebleeds. Endovascular embolization procedure can take up to several hours.
- Endovascular embolization is performed in general anaesthesia.
- A tiny incision is made in the patient’s groin followed by insertion of a catheter into your femoral artery.
- A dye is injected through the catheter so that the affected blood vessel becomes visible on X-ray images.
- When the catheter reaches the location of the abnormality to be treated, material (embolizing agent) is injected to block your blood vessel and reduce blood flow in
- Prevents bleeding in the affected area.
- Reduces risk of rupturing of blood vessels.
- Often considered when open surgery might be risky.
- Bleeding in the brain
- Bleeding at the site of incision
- Damage to artery
- Symptoms may recur
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.