The Centre comprises of three main departments: Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology and Interventional Gastro Radiology. These departments are led by a team of highly skilled and trained gastroenterologists, surgeons, endoscopists and experts in interventional radiology. Backed by advanced cutting-edge technology these experts treat digestive diseases ranging from minor illnesses to the most complicated ones. The entire spectrum of interventions from minor procedures to the most advanced interventions and surgeries are performed with utmost precision.
Esophageal manometry is a diagnostic tool used to rule out problems with your esophagus and lower esophageal sphincter. Esophagus is the tube that connects your throat to your stomach. The lower esophageal sphincter is a muscle that prevents acid and stomach contents from moving backwards from the stomach to the esophagus.
- A numbing cream will be applied in your nose to make the insertion of the tube less uncomfortable.
- A thin pressure sensitive tube will be inserted through your nose, down to the esophagus and into your stomach.
- Your doctor will then pull back the tube slowly into your esophagus and you will be asked to swallow at this time.
- Sensors are located at several points of the tube that measure pressure of your muscle contractions.
- The tube is then removed after the tests are completed.
- Esophageal manometry takes about 15-30 minutes.
- Esophageal manometry helps in identifying any issues with your swallowing or with lower esophageal sphincter.
- Slight discomfort might be experienced after the test.
- Sore throat and/or stuffy nose.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.