The Centre comprises of three main departments: Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology and Interventional Gastro Radiology. These departments are led by a team of highly skilled and trained gastroenterologists, surgeons, endoscopists and experts in interventional radiology. Backed by advanced cutting-edge technology these experts treat digestive diseases ranging from minor illnesses to the most complicated ones. The entire spectrum of interventions from minor procedures to the most advanced interventions and surgeries are performed with utmost precision.
Haemorrhoidectomy is the surgical removal of haemorrhoids. Haemorrhoids are swollen blood vessels found in the lining of the anal passage, often called piles. This treatment method is usually suggested when other methods have failed. Haemorrhoids are likely to recur after other forms of treatment but chances of recurrence are very low in haemorrhoidectomy. The procedure takes about 20 minutes.
- Haemorrhoidectomy is usually performed under general anaesthesia.
- A special device is used by the surgeon to see the haemorrhoids.
- They are then removed by cutting them away or by using a staple gun.
- The lining is then stitched or the wound is left open to heal.
- Haemorrhoidectomy removes haemorrhoids.
- Provides relief from symptoms of haemorrhoids.
- Very less chances of recurrence.
- Incomplete haemorrhoidectomy
- Bleeding and/or infections
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Developing anal fissures.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.