Kidney transplant is a surgical procedure done to replace an unhealthy kidney with a healthy one. It is usually done when the kidney no longer functions properly (kidney failure) and when other treatment options may not be effective.
- Kidney transplant is done under general anaesthesia.
- The surgeon makes an incision in your abdomen.
- The surgeon then replaces your kidney with the donor kidney.
- Then veins are arteries that will be connected from the donor kidney to your arteries and veins allow blood circulation through the new kidney.
- The ureter of the donor kidney also be attached to your urinary bladder.
- The incision will be stitched and suitable dressing will be applied.
- Better quality of life
- Low risk of death
- Disease can recur
- Rejection of donor organ
- Side effects of medications
- Blood clots and bleeding
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.