Knee Replacement, also called arthroplasty or total knee replacement is a surgical procedure used to resurface a knee damaged by arthritis. This procedure is usually considered for someone who has severe arthritis or a severe knee injury.
- Knee replacement is performed under general anaesthesia.
- An intravenous line will be started in your arm or hand.
- Urinary catheters may also be inserted.
- Skin at the surgical site will be cleansed using an antiseptic solution.
- The doctor will make an incision in the knee area.
- Damaged surfaces of the knee joint will be removed and replaced with knee prosthesis.
- The knee prosthesis is made of either metal or plastic. The prosthesis is generally composed of three parts – tibial component, femoral component and patellar component.
- The incision will then be closed with stitches or surgical staples and the dressing is applied.
- Pain relief
- Improved mobility
- Improved quality of life
- Blood clots
- Joint stiffness
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.