Nephrolithotripsy is a medical procedure done to remove kidney stones. It is usually recommended for larger kidney stones or stones in the ureter and also when other treatment options have failed.
- Nephrolithotripsy is performed under general anaesthesia.
- The procedure takes about 1 hour.
- The surgeon makes one or two small incisions in your back and puts a hollow tube and a probe through it.
- The hollow tube or scope, along with the probe is inserted into the kidney through your bladder.
- A puncture is made in the kidney which is guided by X-ray imaging and the stones are removed.
- More than one puncture may be required for larger stones.
- When the procedure is completed, the surgeon may leave drainage tubes in the kidney.
- Most effective for patients with multiple stones, larger stones are stones in the ureter.
- Blood clots
- Injury to the surrounding organs
- Perforation in the kidney
- Damage that affects normal kidney function
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.