Surgical thrombectomy is a procedure done to remove a blood clot from an artery or vein. This surgery is mostly needed for a blood clot in an arm or leg, but can also be used for removing clots in other organs or parts of the body.
- The patient will be sedated for the procedure.
- The hair in the area to be operated will be removed and the area will also be numbed with local anaesthesia.
- The surgeon will use continuous imaging technologies during the surgery.
- An incision will be made on the area above your blood clot.
- The surgeon will open your blood vessel and take out your blood clot.
- In some cases, a catheter and a stent may also be used.
- The surgeon will close the blood vessel which restores blood flow.
- The incision will be stitched, and dressing will be applied.
- Blood flow will be restored.
- Improved quality of life.
- Damage to blood vessels
- Excessive bleeding
- Pulmonary embolism
- Recurrence of blood clot
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.