Thyroidectomy is the surgical removal of the whole or part of your thyroid gland. This procedure is one of the treatment procedures used to treat diseases of the thyroid gland including thyroid cancer, thyroid nodule, hyperthyroidism and goiters.
- Thyroidectomy is performed under general anaesthesia.
- The surgeon makes an incision in the base of your neck.
- The incision is made directly on the neck or an incision inside the mouth or with the assistance of an endoscope.
- Surgeon then removes all or part of the thyroid depending on the condition.
- Some people might need a drain to be placed under the incision in the neck.
- In partial thyroidectomy, the remaining portion of the thyroid gland takes up the function.
- Few complications of recurrence.
- Injury to adjacent nerves (recurrent laryngeal nerve)
- Injury to parathyroid gland
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.