Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF)
TIF is a minimally invasive, advanced endoscopy procedure that provides relief from acid reflux (heartburn). This method uses forceps and fasteners and requires no incision.
- TIF is done under general anesthesia.
- The doctor will pass a high-definition endoscope into your mouth through the TIF device and observe the images on the screen.
- The TIF device with the endoscope is inserted into the stomach and the endoscope is turned to an angle that enables the doctor to see the opening of the esophagus and the stomach.
- Your surgeon then grabs the end of your esophagus using the TIF device, brings it down and wraps the top of the stomach around it.
- The new valve is then secured using durable plastic fasteners.
- The TIF device with the endoscope is then removed.
- Shorter treatment time
- Minimally invasive
- Fast recovery
- Less pain
- Relief from symptoms
- Sore throat
- Chances of bleeding
- Minimal chest pain
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.