Wet dressing is a common method used to soothe many skin conditions like eczema. It acts as a mechanical barrier to skin damage. Wet dressings can be used 2-3 times a day and its use should be reduced once the condition improves. They allow deeper penetration of moisturisers or corticosteroids used in the treatment of skin diseases.
Moisturiser or anti-inflammatory creams are first applied to the affected area as prescribed by your doctor. Wet towels will then be put over it followed by wrapping bandage over it firmly. Wet dressing for the face is done by using wet cool compresses.
- Wet dressings provide a cooling sensation
- Provides symptom relief such as irritation and inflammations.
- Poor tolerance by some children
- Cannot be used with children who have coexisting conditions like cough
- Cannot be used with skin conditions with infections such as weeping or crusting eczema.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.